The main methods of segmentation are based on demographic variables (age, gender, location, status, income, education,…) and enable the structure of a population of clients or prospects to be understood. They explain where they are and who they are.
Demographic data provides understanding of who buys your product or service, while psychographic data provides understanding of why.
Demographic data provides no explanation as to how clients reason and why they act in such a manner. Understanding this is precisely the field of psychographic segmentation techniques.
If a company is capable of understanding the psychology of its clients, it can better target its products and services, be more efficient in its communication, optimise its conversions and build greater loyalty.
3 minutes of relaxation. Would you like to see how the social network sees you and recommends you to advertisers? Go to Your advertising preferences. This is a sheer joy in helping to understand the power of psychographics. Even though it is not perfect.
Knowing what your clients think, how they reason and why they act can generate additional value and increase the ROI of your commercial policy.
Including psychographic techniques in your data marketing and even your overall marketing can be a disruptive competitive advantage in relation to your competitors.
All of its aspects are affected:
1. The more precise construction of "personas" with enhanced profiles
2. The creation of brands that are more differentiated by shared values
3. Personalised user experiences
4. More intuitive structure of web interfaces
5. Better use of communication channels
6. Refined identification of client requirements in an inbound strategy
7. Content of better quality that matches the public's expectations
8. Differentiated positioning of social campaigns and retargeting
9. More efficient use of the creativity and persuasive capacity of creatives
10. Optimised landing pages
11. Improved analysis of your web data through more appropriate segmentation
12. Enhanced client commitment and improved efficiency in loyalty-building tactics
Consultant-BI is just as involved in the strategic definition of a psychographic approach as in its operational implementation and the processing of internal and external data.
Rather than acquiring sparse and ephemeral data that is quickly obsolete, our vocation and mission is to help you exploit existing internal and external data via more innovative approaches, from deep learning to business intelligence.
On 26 May 2018, the European regulations on the protection of privacy impose new requirements concerning the collection and processing of personal data.
Consultant-BI's approach is fully compliant with the GDPR. Our methodologies resemble profiling and the processing of internal and external data. We guarantee you full compliance with the European legislation.